How To Make This A Better Year. Satisfaction Guaranteed.
It is a new year, fresh and brimming with opportunity. The slate is wiped clean. Last year’s shortcomings and faltered goals are history. We look onto the next 365 days (it’s a leap year yall) with anticipation and hope. What does this year have in store? No doubt it will hold its share of highs and lows. As the Counting Crows (never figured out why they were tallying black birds) use to sing, “Maybe this year will be better than the last?” Not that last year was bad. No sir, 2011 was an amazing year, but I think we can all agree that we hope 2012 is even better.
So how can we make this year better? Let me share some wisdom with you from Chuck Swindoll. He has experienced life in a pretty amazing capacity and offers us some insight into what he has learned. I heard him share this at a conference several years ago and it has stuck with me. I believe, if we apply the following five principles, 2012 will be better than the previous year.
- Whatever you do, do more with others and less alone.
- Whenever you do it, exercise quality not quantity.
- Wherever you go, do it the same as if you were among those who know you best.
- Whoever may respond to your ministry (or career or whatever it is you do), keep a level head.
- However long you lead (in whatever capacity that is, we all lead in some form), keep on dripping with gratitude and grace.
So there you have it. Nothing complex here. Let’s keep it simple in 2012. I hope that this year we find ourselves walking good. I pray that we seek God’s wisdom and tread carefully and experience the blessings that come from obedience.
Walk good. Live wise. Be blessed.
What would you add to make this year better than the last?